Building Name -: Anara Tower
Location -: Sheikh Zayed Road, Dubai
Architect -: Atkins Design Studio
Developer -: Tameer Holding Investment
Status -: Proposed
- Height of the building is 600m and no. of floor is 135, spanning almost five million square feet.
- It was proposed a supertall skyscraper.
- It was designed to look like a massive wind turbine.
- It was supposed to be a mixed use tower with offices, retail spaces, apartments, and an art gallery.
- Apartment – 1, 2 and 3 bedroom luxury apartments and palatial penthouses with at least one penthouse planned to include a private elevator and a private pool.
- Boutique Hotel – 250 room.
- Commercial Space – 325,000 sq.ft.
- The podium features food and retail outlets, a 30m swimming pool plus family and kids pool, along with two multi purpose sports courts. Four sky gardens feature every 27 floors allowing outside living spaces.
- It would have incorporated sky gardens every 27 floors and would have contained a luxury restaurant.
- The design combined with its orientation, allows 60 percent of the site space to have views out to the sea. Four connecting bridges at the rear of the building provide the flexibility for future expansion.
- If built it was expected to be an energy efficient tower by installing renewable sources of energy and incorporating water efficiency strategies.
- However, the skyscraper was cancelled in 2009 due to Dubai’s financial crisis.
- Spanning almost five million square feet.